Thursday, July 3, 2014

Part I: Seattle



David had to take off to Seattle for two weeks for his summer session of school.  I decided it would be fun to tag along and go explore the city. While he studied we played, and then played some more once he got out of class. Seattle was so full of energy.  I loved it! 

What we saw:  Pebble stoned beaches, beautiful skylines, boats lots of boats, green vegetation everywhere you looked, beautiful school buildings, lots of chipmunks (Viggo loved chasing them!), groups of people gathering for different purposes.  Mommy groups, running groups, capoeira groups, bagpipe groups, a group for everything you could imagine.  It was so great to see so much culture and diversity.  I love texture.  I am obsessed with it. And I feel like people are the texture of life.  

What we Heard: Chitter chatter everywhere we went, the sound of giggling children enjoying their first days of summer, heard languages being spoken from all parts of the world, market noise, the sound of a summer shower, children's bare feet running across wooden docks, and the sound of children snoring from a long day of play

Touched: Grass underneath our toes, pebbled beaches, cool seashells, trees, white and grey drift wood,  and kiddos jumping on me everywhere morning to wake me up to start a new day.

Smelled: Ocean breezes, fresh brisk air, and lots and lots of yummy food. 


























Once David finished his last day of his summer session we took off to Orcas Island.  That was a hard place to leave.  It was so beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment