Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mexico's Independence

I am so grateful to be an American Citizen!! It is such a huge blessing to live in a country where I have so many freedoms. But I am also glad that my mother and father kept the Mexican culture alive in our household. My mother is from Montarey, and she is a Latin as can be. I love her so much. Growing up we had arroz con frijoles with everything. I love that I can speak Spanish, and that I can cook Mexican food. I love it I feel like I am passing down a part of me to my children. In the home David and I speak Spanish to our children, and Ariana has done so well with it. She speaks it sooooo well!! I hope Viggo will be able to pick it up just as easily. Anyways this weekend we went to a festival that celebrated Mexico's Independence Day!! It was a lot of fun.

These are some of the children that Danced!
Ariana loved watching all the dancing

( Just waiting for the Dancing to begin)



















No comments:

Post a Comment