Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Dreamer



 I had to record this before I forgot.  Yesterday, the kids were getting dressed to go outside to help David with some yard work.  Ariana decided she wanted to get Viggo dressed.  She found him this pajama shirt we haven't put on him yet. She thought that it would be a wonderful idea to put Viggo in a long sleeved pajama Spider man shirt in 106 degree weather.  What makes it cute is that if you pull your arms over your head you can see that connected to the arms and torso are these web like wings.  Ariana was telling Viggo he had to wear it because it would make him fly.  I wish I could have captured his face.  He quickly decided he needed to wear this shirt.  I stayed quite just observing what he would do.  As soon as he put the shirt on, he took off at running spread with his arms spread and took the biggest leap his little two year old legs could take.  He quickly came back down.  He then looked at Nana with the saddest face ever and told her he was unable to fly.  Remember when you were little and you thought anything was possible.  That's my little boy right now.  So, innocent to the laws of gravity and nature. So, believing in what he is told and believes he can do.  I laughed to myself, but at the same time I was sad that he had to find out he could not fly with a shirt that had wings. Within the next minute he was off running and laughing looking for the next fun thing to do, and I was left there thinking about the innocence and unwavering faith children can possess. I hope as he grows up he never stops dreaming.  That is one of my favorite things about my little Viggo.  He has such beautiful intense eyes.  And when you see him play you can see through his eyes that he is imagining a completely different world.    A world where he can fly, and leap from building to building,  a world where he possess special ninja skills.  I hope you never stop dreaming Viggo.  






No comments:

Post a Comment