Friday, July 29, 2011

Preggo Crossfit Women





I found this blog, that is about pregnant women who continue their cross fit training.  It is insane and so inspirational.  I haven't worked out in like a month and half.  I pulled my back out, and I struggled with bad nausea.  But my back is good again, and guess what I don't feel too sick anymore!! So, I went back to the gym last night for this first time.  It felt so good! Not just the exercising part, but the finally being out of the house part.  And as much as I love my munchkins, it was nice having some time alone.  I lifted weights with David, and today I went and did a cardio class.  I think I am ready to go back to my favorite class which I consider to be insane! My teacher does a combinations, of weights, cardio, and crossfit/bootcamp excericises (no resting time in between exercises).  No matter how good in shape you get, she changes it so much that you can never get comfortable. The instructor is in amazing shape.  And she even run's extreme marathons.  Yeah I know, like a regular marathon isn't hard enough.  She goes off and runs a marathon through mountains and crazy terrain.  I guess its more like cross country.  Anyways all these women have inspired me to keep trying.  I worked so hard to get to where I was.  And I am hoping if I can continue, it won't take me as long to bounce back.  Its just so much work, to have to start all over.  It took me forever to finally do unassisted pull ups, and then to loose it so quickly is so sad :(   I am hoping if I can stay in decent shape I can start doing cross fit after I have the baby.  I like it because they have like an olympic like competition but for cross fit people.  How cool would it be to compete.  If you know me I love myself a competition and a challenge.  I may never get there, but I think it would be fun to try. 


2 comments:

  1. Marissa. hey, its andrew. So, i dont know if you were awhare but the crossfit games were just this past weekend. They were amazing, and they are all truly inspiriing. I have a long ways to go, but i want so bad to make it there some day. Anyways, you know that already...but you can go to www.games.crossfit.com and check out all of the events/competitions they did over the weekend. Go to the watch live section and they have archives there of everything that they did. the events were insane! for instance to start off their first event of the weekend was:

    Swim 200 m in the ocean, run 1500 meters in soft sand, then complete 50 chest to bar pullups, 100 hand release push ups, 200 air squats then run 1500 meters in soft sand again.

    anyways it was amazing, the whole thing. You can watch the individual men competitions, women, teams, and masters divisions competitions. I am excited for you guys to have another baby, and excited for you to start crossfit once she is born. You got to get david into it as well. it is a blast, and its perfect for anyone who 1. doesnt have alot of time, 2. is competive, and 3. wants to be in great shape and have fun.

    I was thinking of putting together some thoughts to send to the whole family about what is fitness, and how crossfit can and should be incorporated into everyones lifes. I also have many ways on how to start building your own garage gym. I personally like a garage gym much more, its cheap, its right at home, the kids can be there, and trying to do crossfit in globo gym sometimes can be a pain in the butt. Anyways just let me know if you would like to know more, and i can send you over things, or i might just post things on our blog. thanks, and we love and miss all of you! PS hope that somehow you guys can come up for the baby, or blessing, or maybe christmas, or sometime soon! we are gonna do all we can to save some money to try and make it there for your baby, but i guess it will all depend on when, etc crazy times in the ettinger family, too many pregnant women!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to look up the video's!! I think David would love it too once he got into it. And any info you got send it over! I know there isn't much I can do right now. Its kinda frustrating once I feel like I am doing good again, I end up sick all over again. But seeing it helps keep me motivated to keep attempting to go back and not give up. I also love that Foodee blog you have attached to your website. Do you actually cook a meal from it everyday? Anyways I love your blogs. The crossfit one is just awesome to read about, and I love seeing pictures of everyone you train. I think they are so amazing for doing it every morning. And of course I love your family blog. I especially love the stories about your outings, because something funny is always bound to happen to you guys. David was thinking that maybe we should just bless our baby at your church if you guys were willing to wait a month and a half. That way people didn't have to spend on two trips. Maybe Leah would want to do that too, since I think she is only like four weeks behind me.

    ReplyDelete