Monday, October 24, 2011

1st Day of Kindergarten


I have been behind on logging things, but here is her official first day of Kindergarten picture.  She was very excited as I expected.  I always knew once my kids got into school, life would feel pretty busy.  I just didn't realize how busy.  She loves to learn, but I have found that after a day of kindergarten getting her to do her homework and study can sometimes be a little hard.  Especially since we are playing catch up.  She knew how to read simple words, but no where near the amount her class is already reading.  They have 25 sight words already memorized, and they can spell most.  The good news is that she has almost all twenty five of them down.  She has three to four that she still struggles with sometimes.  And she has started to spell some of them too!! Which was exciting! Having my sister Naomi around has been nice, because she loves impressing her, so teaching her to sound out the words and spell them out on paper has been much easier with Naomi around.  I have found she does not care to impress me that much, I guess I am just her mom.

We have now experienced how quickly germs get around when kids are in school.  We have been fighting the flu all week.  And I get tons of paper work to fill out every week.  And there are plenty of activities for parents to sign up for.  I am glad she is loving it.  Even though I miss having her around everyday.  On Saturday she was even begging to go to school.  We will see how long that lasts ;0).  

Happy first year of school Nanita!


Your brother and I miss having you around everyday!


No comments:

Post a Comment