Thursday, June 21, 2012

Ariana's Kindergarten Promotion


Ariana's Kindergarten Promotion

( I love the instagram photo-collages that people have been using, so I messed around and tried to make my own.)

I am so behind in blogging our little families events, we have just been so busy lately.  But at least we have been busy doing fun things.  Ariana's promotion was on May 30, 2012 on a Wednesday.  It was the cutest thing ever! The kids preformed their little hearts out.  I had so much fun watching her sing, and dance, she looked like she was having the time of her life.  I filmed it all, but I still have to put the video together.  After her promotion we went back to her kinder class where they handed out their certificates. I think reality set in on her, because she went from bopping around with no care in the world to one where she was deep in thought.  She loved her kinder year so much.  She had the best teacher, and the best group of friends. Ariana is my first to enter the public school system, and it was such a good experience.  I can not say enough good things about her teacher Ms. Melendez.  She was just so wonderful, and my daughter adored her.  

Ariana watched the movie Matlida for the first time a couple of days before school went out for summer, and you should have seen her face when the teacher got to adopt Matilda.  Ariana quickly looked at me, and she just said "teacher's are the best!" ( I think what she wanted to say was, "my teacher can adopt me!")  I am just so glad that she has started out on the right foot.  She thinks school is fun, she is eager to learn, and loves socializing with all her friends.  I know as she grows we will have some speed bumps along the road, but I am just so happy that her little life's journey has started out on the right foot.  As sad as I was to have her little school year end, and having to face the reality that my little girl will be a first grader next year, I have come to realize that when a chapter in life ends a new one always opens.  And I have learned that although I long for certain chapters in my life to never end,  I am never disappointed with the new ones.  Had Ariana's school year not ended I wouldn't get to have my little girl 24/7 again.  We have gotten to lounge around in pajamas, go to the park, go swimming, and she has gotten to spend a whole weekend with her Aunt Sara and Uncle Kevin up in Manhattan Beach.  We are having a lot of fun not having a set schedule. Viggo I think is the one who is enjoying her the most! Yay for Summer Vacation!


No comments:

Post a Comment