Thursday, June 14, 2012


Young Women's Camp 2012


In February I was called to work as the Mia Maid's teacher.  I was so nervous about taking the calling because I had amazing leaders growing up.  I have always worked in Primary, and I even was a Sunday School teacher once.  And all those callings had their challenges but this one is the one that  had me the most scared.  This is how I describe it, in Primary I felt like I was teaching my little one's teachings that one day they would have to put into practice.  So I said I would fill their little cups each Sunday, and they would take a sip here and there out of it.  But when they would return to me each Sunday their cups where still pretty much full, because the kind of trials and temptations they face each day aren't so crazy like when your a teenager.  Then with Yong Women's I feel like I try and fill their cups up, but they quickly get used because they are putting into practice EACH DAY what they are learning from their parents and leaders.  So I just feel like I needed to be extra prepared each Sunday to make sure each girl got their cup filled.  I feel like I have to prepare extra because each girl has such a different and unique personality.  And I want to connect with each, because if I don't I feel that hurts how much I can fill their little cups. 

Anyways with all these things in mind I thought this calling would be hard for me to really enjoy.  I mean responsibility is not something I am quick to correlate with fun lol.  But let me tell you I have enjoyed this calling so much!!! The girls are so wonderful. They are all so beautiful, and kind.  I just can't say enough about them.  It's a little bit crazy to be teaching the girls from my home ward.  I use to see some of these girls when they were little sunbeams.  Some I even babysat for. 

I got to spend some time with them at their yearly camp out.  I laughed so hard sometimes.  When they had gathered around the camp fire, it was so weird for me, because I was surrounded by some of my favorite leaders when I was growing up (who left lasting impressions on me) and then I could just see myself with my friends back in the day doing the same thing.  Time does fly by so fast.  Here are some shots I wanted to share of the fun.  

This is Sister Moulton.  I love her!! The girls are so lucky to have her as their leader.











 Probably my favorite picture


I know the girls are blurry looking back I know how to fix that, but I was so focused on trying to get the little glow lights to blur and make it spell out
"CTR that I forgot to make sure my shutter speed was still just fast enough to keep the girls sharp." Oh well....  I still love it.  And I kinda like that its not perfect :0)

Love Young Women's! I am just sad I don't have the much more time with left with these girls.  We are moving to Tuscon in July :0(





No comments:

Post a Comment