Thursday, October 25, 2012

What Does Fall Look Like to you?



 I've been experiencing fall envy, with all the beautiful pictures people have been putting up of trees getting ready to slumber.  Sometimes I long for the signs of a change of season.  I think about how fun it would be to have leaves that change color, or actually being able to tell that one's rain longs to become snow.  I think about dressing my kids in knit scarves and hats.  I daydream about jumping into a pile of leaves and hearing them crunch beneath the weight of fall clothes.  But although I may not experience fall this way, I also anticipate the signs of fall in my own way.  I found this picture that I took last fall while living in San Diego.  And this is what fall is for me.  Empty beaches, people pulling their hoodies over their heads in the morning, cold sand, beautiful cloudy sunsets, people warming up their hands on a chilly morning in between their warm Starbucks drinks.  This is what Fall looks like to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment