Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Flowers or Weeds?



  Wasn't I just talking about snow the other week?  And here I am seeing the signs of spring.  It's suppose to hit 90 this weekend (that I consider to be more of a sign of summer).  Ariana has her spring break this next week, and I never thought I would have that itching feeling for vacation like I did when I was a kid, but I feel like I am reliving it through my kids.  I am so ready for some lazy fun non sick days.  I think we will be breaking out the sprinkler and some water guns and Popsicle's this weekend. 

So, if you don't already know I live in a desert.  I am pretty lucky in that my home backs up to a desert wash, which surprisingly looks pretty green, and has some of the coolest sunsets I have ever seen.  But my backyard is made up of rock.  No green, just rock.  In these past few weeks green started sprouting in between all the rock. When I moved out to Arizona I was surprised how much weeding you have to do.  You would think a place made out of dirt and rock wouldn't get weeds.... but you do.  Anyways, so all this green was sprouting out and I new I should pluck them but I was enjoying the color (and I was being lazy about it), but then all of a sudden these flowers bloomed.  They are not Dandelion weeds.  They look like real flowers.  Are they weeds?  I kinda don't want to pluck them because they look so pretty! I was thinking maybe some seeds blew in from the wash and landed in my yard.  If they are real flowers I would be so happy.  Maybe I am just trying to fool myself. What do you think, flowers or weeds? 










No comments:

Post a Comment