Friday, January 31, 2014

Sun, Blue Skies, and Birthday Cake!



The Sun finally came out today! I am convinced it showed up for my little Micah's birthday! I was so happy! Seriously it has been so dark lately.  We took full advantage of the sun and the gorgeous blue skies today.  We suited up and went for a nice long walk. It felt so good to feel the warmth of the sun's rays against my skin again.  Micah especially enjoyed it.  He just loves the snow right now, and being outdoors.

I love seeing him in his snow suite.  David says he looks like a transformer.  We nicknamed his snowsuit bumble bee. Wow I can't believe there was a time that I was so scared to raise boys. I knew everything there was to know about girls because there were four of us in my family, but boys were another situation.  Can I just say, raising boys has been so much fun!  I am so grateful that I have been blessed with them.  I always thought I was going to have a ton of girls and luckily I have been blessed with one that has just surpassed all my expectations of how wonderful it was going to be to have a little girl. But oh my goodness I have just been having a blast with these two lately.  They are so funny.  Always sword fighting or doing something crazy.  Always up to go on "adventures" with me.  And to sit back and listen to the things they say, oh my goodness they make me laugh so hard. Each adds so much to my life.  

Yup, today was a wonderful day! Blue skies, some sun, birthday cake, and these little ones...  how could it not be?















I can't believe how much Micah walked today! He walked through some really thick snow for a little 2 year old.  I guess that's why he is taking a deliciously long birthday nap!


No comments:

Post a Comment