Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Is it bed time yet?

So yesterday was crazy!! Both my kids are sick and well its hard to please them when they both want to be in your arms. My alarm went off at 5:20 a.m and I thought to myself ugggh I don't want to get up and go running today I'm just going to stay in bed and relax. Who was I kidding!! Yup of all days to not go out running yesterday was not the day, it probably would have helped out my reserve tank of sanity that I run on when I think "oh it can not get any worse." Ariana was a walking disaster. She seriously hurt herself like 20 times yesterday. She ran into a door, closed the drawer on her finger, while doing laundry somehow the hamper fell over on her the list goes on. And my little Ariana well she is a bit like her dad very dramatic. lol Yeah no one is going to believe that, more like her mom unfortunately!! David never loses it. ( I hate that) Anyways her and Viggo were at it all day!! They usually do so well together, but not yesterday. She would cry because I was holding Viggo or Viggo would scream for a toy that she was holding. Even though he has the exact same one but in a different color. I guess he was mad because his was pink....

So knowing that David wasn't going to be home till around 9:00p.m due to his work, calling, and social networking for work. Seriously he is 28 and part of an old people club called the Lions Club. He goes to be able to help market for his hearing aid office. But its not work at all. Even though he says he would rather be home with me I find that hard to believe. Every 1st and third Tues of the month he gets to go to this fancy resort in Sedona and eat at their fancy restaurant. Sounds horrible dosen't it. And then get this on Wednesday afternoons he goes to his second old people's club and has a lunch at another fancy restaurant. ppppfff.....

So coping mechanisms that I went into to be able to make it to bedtime. (Otherwise known as throwing out the mommy rules and doing what it takes to survive) Starting at 4:00 I kept looking at the clock. Not to mention that my daughter dosen't want to go to bed at 7:00 anymore because "El sol todavia no se a dormido mama" ( Said with a duh attitude)

1. Made dinner for two nights.... hoping that time would go by faster.
2.Had kids play in the closet while I organized closet. I don't know why but just seeing a neat closet always makes me feel so much better!! But still did not work.
3. Planned on taking a shower while kids napped, but guess what they did not nap.....
4. Served up some mugs of ice cream and yes we ate this before dinner :/
5. Thought about taking a ride in my car, so I would get a break from saying "Ariana Viggo whats wrong; when we are happy we are sharing; there is no need to cry; do you need a time out....
6. I realized that when I feel a little crazy I always just think to myself "just breathe" It calms me down so much. I use to say this to myself whenever I was nervous, like right before a church talk, a race, my first kiss with my hubby, or an argument with my hubby. I remember when Drew Barrymore said this in her movie where she played like a Cinderella character. Ever since then it has been my mantra to calm me down. I think I said it out loud a couple of times yesterday so glad no adult is around to think I have lost it
7. Gave kids a bath, their little bodies are so sick that they look physically exhausted and cried the whole time. They looked how I felt.
8. Put the kids PJs on read books and sang ( they started to calm down)
9. Last but not least the kids finally asleep ( ahhh the silence)

But in the end what brought back my sanity is when I went to go take my much needed shower.
( The hair could no longer be passed as shiny and healthy just plain o' greasy.)
As I was heading to the shower I found one of Ariana's toys blocking my path. I found that Ariana had placed her little polar bear in a baby seat, and tucked it in for the night. Just like that I remembered how lucky I was, and how a day like this just makes little moments like that mean so much more. I went to bed feeling grateful and happy, and hoping that tomorrow would be a better day for my babies and me!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment