Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Raise your Hand if you're Ready for Kindergarten


In the past two weeks, we have had a lot of changes go on in our home.  We finally decided that we are picking up and moving back to San Diego.  There is a lot we have to do in a month.  One thing that I did not expect is that my baby would be starting kindergarten.  In Arizona the cut off date for kindergarten is Sept.2, Ariana's birthday is Sept. 15th.  So, she did not start kindergarten this year in Arizona.  I was going to get to have my baby for another year with me.  Well, in San Diego the cut off date is Dec. 2nd.  Yup, meaning she is a kindergartner in CA.  Of all things to stress me out, you would think this is would not be at the top of the list.  But it is! I am not ready to let her go.  

She is so big, and I know she will love it.  She won't even look back on her first day.  I can just imagine her making the big eyes she makes when she is so excited, with the cutest smile that she makes.  "The I am trying so hard not to smile ear to ear, but I can't help it break through."  She makes friends so easily, and she is so smart.  But her going to kindergarten means that I am going to be an official grown up mommy.  Yes, a mommy that packs lunch, helps get homework done, signs permission slips, volunteers in the class. Yup, a "real" mom.  This means a "real" schedule. I wont have the luxury to just decide that one day we are going to just lounge around in pajamas.  Or, we can't just randomly decide that we are going to go on a get away, or even just head out to the park for the day.  And did I mention she will have homework. Why does that make me nervous?  And, then my poor viggo will loose his play companion for part of the day.  That means me and Viggo will have alone time.  That is going to be so new for us.  I really hope he dosen't miss Ariana too much.  It would tear me up inside.  So, if you know Ariana you know she is more than ready for kindergarten, and if you know me you know I am not! I feel like before I know it she will be in middle school.  I keep thinking about the day she was born, and how I felt this day would take forever to get to, but it's here staring me in the face.  My camera is broken so I just went through a couple of old ones that are saved on this computer.  I know I look horrible. That's the reason why I have never blogged them before.  But, I don't care, because now all I see is me loving my baby, and how can that look bad right?  I wish I could freeze time, but I can't.  But, at least I can capture these special moments to me on camera.


This little girl is not shy.  Can you tell?


 One, Sunday afternoon when we decided to lay out on the trampoline and stuff ourselves with chocolate chip cookies.  The Nieman Marcus one's, yummy!


 Just me and Nana :0)




3 comments:

  1. So today a substituted at a school and it was the first day of school. I was helping direct students to class outside and my eyes started tearing up as a saw all of the parents with their kids on the first day of school and how excited the kindergartners were! What an exciting time for you guys! And you look gorgeous in those pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that, you look amazing as always Hna... Good luck for your new chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This coming from the two most beautiful sister missionaries I have ever met! And thanks for the well wishes, we really hope it all goes smoothly :0)

    ReplyDelete