Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Bonfire


Monday night we had a bonfire with the Franklins. David's sister's family.  The kids had a blast. I know they are happy in Washington, but I wish we lived closer to each other. I wish all the cousins lived closer to each other. Every time they are together they have so much fun, and you know they are developing memories they will never forget. And in case those memories do get a little fuzzy there I am trying to capture it all for them. I want them to look back and not just remember the cool breeze, or the beautiful changing shades of the sky as the sun began to set, or the smell of the hotdogs their uncle Ty and David where preparing, and for sure not the smell of burnt smores (yes we managed to burn smores).  I want them to look back and remember the feelings they had that day.  The feelings that got Arianita to say that "this was the best day ever," or the feelings Ella had when she said "I don't want to leave yet", or what feelings were stirring inside of little Viggo that made him run up to Ty and give him a big hug and kiss.  I want them to remember how much they were and always will be loved. By the looks of it mission accomplished!


















3 comments:

  1. where are the pictures of you missy? beautiful pics. i miss coronado.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am delightfully hiding my extra baby chubs behind the camera ;0) I love Coronado too. We are trying to enjoy San Diego as much as possible before our time here comes to an end again :0(

    ReplyDelete