Sunday, July 15, 2012

Moving to Tucson


We are now official residents of Marana Arizona.  Which is in Tucson.  So far so good! I actually really like it so far.  The north part of Tucson is surprisingly green and its desert landscape is actually really beautiful.  I feel like it has the best of Northern Arizona and Phoenix put into one.  The town is no where near as big as Phoenix but not as small as cottonwood or Sedona.  Then you have all the pretty desert vegetation with mountains.  Not Red Rock ones like Sedona, but they are still really pretty. And then its like 5-10 degrees cooler than Phoenix, much like cottonwood was.  Which means at night it cools down quite a bit.  Which makes me happy.  During our big move it was hard to bust out my fourth baby (my Nikon).  So while it remained safe and packed away I cheated on it with my phone and Instagram.  Sometimes its just so much easier to whip out my phone to catch little quick moments.  And I am glad I had it around so I could capture the beginning of our new adventure.


We took off July 6th at 4:15 in the morning.  We were so tired!! David got like two hours of sleep that night.  But we made it. The kids slept through most of the six hour ride.  This was the first time I got to see the house that David picked out for us!  I will admit I was a little nervous about letting him decide on his own where we were going to live, but he picked the perfect home. It has a great school for Ariana, has tons of gorgeous running trails.  Like real desert trails that take you into the desert. Everyone out here either runs or bikes.  It's motivated me to want to start to run again.  Or get a bike! I think riding at night with the kids would be so fun.  The home is wonderful.  Has tons of light.  David knows I can't stand dark rooms.  For some reason it makes me irritable and just grumpy.  I think it's because I grew up in San Diego where people keep their windows open all day and no one fears keeping shades open, because of the heat the sun may bring in. I don't know if it's because its a newer home with better insulation or because how the house is situated according to the sun, but I can keep the shades open all day and the house temperature is not affected.  It remains cool so well. So I can't open my windows, but at least I can let the suns rays enter the home. And its just such a cute home! I'll post pics soon once we have unpacked and decorated a little.

Since we moved out of my parents home we had no food! So we took the kids to Burger King.  I don't know why but they had so much fun there.  And there wasn't even a play place.  They must have just been grateful to not have to be in the car anymore. 

Our first week mostly consisted of putting stuff together, reading, playing, watching the sunset every night from our back yard and just adoring Micah.

And the kids got to visit David at his North Tucson office.  He had a slow day Friday so we went out there had lunch with him, and the kids got to hang out for a while in his office.  Who knew they would think David's job was so fun?  They loved sitting in the sound booth, and then they wanted David to check their hearing.  Then the kids wanted to check David's.  So, I guess we are off to a good start.  First week in Tucson turned out to be a lot of fun.  We are tired but we are having a lot of fun. 


2 comments:

  1. You're in Tucson! We're in SE Tucson (Rita Ranch area).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny we almost moved into a home in Rita Ranch! We have to get together some time!

    ReplyDelete