Monday, August 6, 2012

1,2,3... Ready or Not Here I Come!




My Ariana went to 1st Grade today.  I was so emotional, but her excitement helped me hold back my tears. How could I cry in front of her, when all she felt was glee?  She went on the school bus today for the first time.  She insisted on taking the bus.  We went with her to her open house on Friday, and we walked through the whole thing with her.  And I had David go to school anyways just to make sure she was okay.  I know I'm a "helicopter mom."  I have the tendency to hover. 

I love that she loves school! She is always so thirsty to learn new things.  I am a very proud momma.  I can't wait for her to get back today and tell me about her first day in her new School.  She is officially attending Ironwood Elementry and is now a Coyote.  I think I was mourning my forced break up with Chula Vista Hills.  It was such a wonderful school, and I am so happy she started Kinder there. But the teachers and principal and parents here all seem to be so kind, and thoughtful.  I think we will like this school too.

To my Nanita,
I want you to know how much I love you! I am so proud of you, and only wish that you will be able to achieve all your dreams and goals.  I ask that as you grow up a little more this year that you remember that growing up doesn't mean you have to change the essence of who you are. You will go through a life time trying to figure out what you want to do, live, and be.  But there is one thing that will never change and that is that you are a daughter of our Heavenly Father, and you are so precious. I believe that you were born with a  heart of gold. I could see in your eyes at such a young age that you wanted nothing more than to be happy and make others happy. You are so kind to others.  And you have the ability to light up a room.  You are always the first to give a friendly hello.  I hope you never loose your excitement for life.  You see everyday as a new adventure.  I hope your classmates get too see what a wonderful friend and person you are.  I love you love you! And love you some more! I miss you already and can't wait to have you back in my arms this afternoon.  But as with everything I need to let you take another couple steps on your own in your life's journey this year.  But don't forget I will always be right behind you smiling and cheering you on. 






It seems like just yesterday I was taking her home from the hospital.





No comments:

Post a Comment