Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Beneath my Feet


Best part of waking up at 4:45 in the morning to go running...... getting an extra half hour of alone time to do this!


Dear ground beneath my feet,

I am so sorry I have been gone a while. I have missed you so much in my life and I didn't even know it.  These shoes have tried to replace you with low impact cycling, fancy high kicking moves, and fast quick stepped latin moves, but nothing has been able to bring me so much pleasure as your sure but steady ability to make my heart race, and push me to limits that I never imagined I would and could face.  I love how you can lead me into desserts, mountains, meadows, golf courses, or even just to a simple green and lush park.  You have always been there right under my feet, beckoning my feet to quicken with each step.  You don't mind if I quit on you because you never do. There is always ample time for me to gather myself and try again, because your roads are endless and you have all the time in the world for me to try again.  I love how you smell after a fresh rain shower.  Your ability to cause pain and elation remind me of how very real I am.  We have been through a lot together.  You have been there for me for some important times in my life.  Break ups, races, stress, injury, per-wedding jitters, post baby work outs, and just for fun sometimes too! I am so glad we have reunited again.

Love,
Me



1 comment:

  1. 4:45??? What the what? you're amazing. the earliest i will go is at 7:30 am. I need to be more like you...

    ReplyDelete