Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Photographer with no Pictures of Her Own




 This is embarrassing but I can't remember the last time I printed out my own pictures?  Okay, I am lying I can.  It was when I first got my first dslr camera, and I printed out our first trip to Disneyland.  I think that was three years ago now.  Sad, right? I think having this blog just allowed me to fool myself into thinking my pictures were not all trapped inside of a memory card. 

So I finally did it! I printed them out and tried to decorate my home all cute.  Its fun getting to look at my wall and getting to see my work.  Two are from Lillie, from my sister in laws wedding.  I love her work! Lillie B. Photography, look her up! She is worth every penny.  I can still remember how for years I wanted to just take the plunge and try to shoot gorgeous pictures. I read books and magazines and blogs on it for years, but hesitated to take the next step, which was to open up my wallet  and buy the expensive equipment. 

(Which by the way was a sacrafice for our family.  We are a family that survives off of one income, and hubby who was working and going to school. So thank you David!) 

Back to my story...... I kept thinking what if I spend all this money and I am horrible at it? What if, what if, what if?  And watching her at the wedding just made me think why not? What is the worse thing that can happen?  That I may never learn to shoot off of the automatic setting?  At least I will be able to let my children move around, without having fear of getting a blurry shot every time.  Anyways I digress.   I am so happy that I took the plunge.  It makes me happy to be surrounded with pictures of my beautiful little family. And I simply have so much fun doing it! It brings me a lot of joy.





 This is the den/playroom across from our living room.  I love this room!! And I love that I got to put up the kids caricature drawing of them as the Avengers.  Ariana is the Black Widow, Viggo is the Hulk, and little Micah was drawn as Captain America. 



I love my boys.  They are so good to me already.  Viggo always worries about me when we cross the street to pick up Ariana from the school bus.  If he sees a car coming he is always telling me to hurry and get close to him so he can protect me.  Today he was so proud of himself because he found a baby scorpian in our home.  Yeah I know!! Freaked me out! Luckily David was still home and he killed it.  We thanked Viggo for telling us, and that because he told us he helped us not to get stung by the scorpion.  We explained that he especially helped his little brother Micah who is crawling around like a champ.  Viggo has been walking around the home like a super hero that saved the day.  How did I get so lucky to feel so much love in my home!


 Tada! I have family pictures up in my own home.  No longer am I a photographer with no pictures of my own.  





No comments:

Post a Comment