Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Officially Six Years Old



Can you believe she is six?  Yup my first born is six. I have had this sweet little girl in life for six years.  I have to pinch myself to just believe it.  We celebrated Ariana's birthday two weekends ago.  We just had our little family party.  One of these years I will have to do a friend party.  But she hasn't complained yet about not having a friend party.  Can you tell I feel guilty?  I do! For some reason I feel like a slacker mom, who hasn't been able to throw her daughter a great party.  The only thing that subsides my guilt is that she always tell us that she loved her birthday.  And that it was the best birthday ever! 

I tried to make her horse cupcakes because that's what she is into right now.  They turned out to look more like giraffes.  Well in Ariana's words, "You made me giraffes!"

Viggo has been dancing a lot lately.  When David started to cut the cake he went into a celebratory birthday cake dance.



"The Giraffes"

This cake was DELICIOUS!! I think I gained all my pregnancy weight back, because I could not stop eating this.  Recipe from the LITTLE RED HOUSE

 When she is really happy she just jumps on you out of nowhere and give you a big squeeze.  They are the best hugs and scariest ones too, because sometimes they catch you off guard and you almost tip over.  Hence why David is holding himself up with his other hand.

She loves ice cream, so we got her a DQ ice cream maker.  She keeps telling me she is going to open up an ice cream stand and charge people $50.00.  That way she can pay tithing and still feel like she has money left over.  Sometimes I would pay money to just hear her thoughts.




 I forgot to warn her that the giraffe heads were made of peanuts.  She took a bite of the head and went straight for a bite of the cup cake.  She realized very quickly she was chewing on a hard peanut shell. 

6 Years Old

- You love to read and are very good at it.
- You adore Micah.  He can do no wrong.
- You love learning about the gospel.  
- You have a strong opinion (sassy).  I don't always appreciate it, but I have to remind myself that I am glad you are your own person, and are not influenced easily by others.  It should come in handy in your future. 
-You love your alone time with me.  You get extra happy and snugly.  I soak every minute of it up, because you are already six and counting.  I want as many snuggles as I can fit in.
- You and Viggo are very competitive with each other.  But always route for one another as well.  He gets you to do things I think you never imagined you would do on your own.  Watching him do a handstand flip gave you the courage and drive to do one yourself.
- You love going out to eat, and shopping.  
- You live for desert.  Desert can get you to do anything.
- You are a big help.  When Micah cries you are the first to see what he needs.  
- You are a Daddy's girl. You will do anything to make your Dad proud.  You love soccer, but I think you just love the time you get with him too.  And you soak up all the attention you are getting from him with Capoiera.  You are on cloud nine when get Daddy all to yourself.  And he lights up to see you happy.  I don't know how he is going to be able to share you one day?
 You just make us all so happy.  We love hearing your stories, seeing your expressions when you talk ( you have many.)  And we love the energy you bring into our home.  You have such a sweet spirit.  You make me want to be a better person, mother, and wife.  
You are my world little one. 

Happy 6th Birthday!













1 comment:

  1. Marissa que lindo te quedo todo para el cumpleanos de Ariana se ve tan linda y tan grande la queremos mucho besitos xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete