Thursday, January 24, 2013

Alone Time



I find myself this evening in a quiet home.  Meaning there is no hubby because he's at the gym, the kids are snug in their beds, and the kitchen is all picked up.  I find that this stage in life you begin to really savor when you get a moment to yourself.  So when it happens I just take it in.  This is the time when I get to have my own fun.  You will either find me reading ( mostly books on photography ) or you will find me sitting in front of this beautiful screen editing away, and if I'm really honest 75% of the time you will find me passed out on my sofa. I love falling asleep on my sofa.  I don't know why but I rather just sleep on the sofa before I go down for bed.  I know I should just go straight to bed, but then I feel lame going to bed by 9:00, so I try to make myself feel less lame by trying to fool myself into thinking I will stay awake for some tv.  I think it secretly drives David crazy.  I love company and I love spending time with my kids and hubby, but it feels so good sometimes to just get to sit back and see what I want to do. Yay to alone time!! Tonight I decided I wanted to edit some pics I took today.  I guess even in my alone time my kids and family are still ever so present.


2 comments:

  1. Super cute blog!! Quick question what are the best types of books to read on photography? I just got a camera for Christmas and I want to learn some good techniques on how to take good pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roxana. Sorry it took me so long to respond I haven't ever really had someone ask me a question before! I love reading books on Photoshop. If you go online there are tons of reviews that will help you see which book is best for you according to what experience you have with it. I just got one called The Ultimate Workshop which I am loving. But you for sure want some experience with PS. Then I am really loving a book called Picture Perfect Practice. It has tons of pictures but none that make you feel depressed and think that you will never be able to get to that level. Its very motivating and just a great book about taking pictures in different kinds of environments. Hope that helped a little :0) Have fun reading and taking pics!

    ReplyDelete