Wednesday, May 22, 2013

There must be something in the Water




For Viggo's birthday he received a Sea Monkey set.  I knew about them just because I remember people making fun of them all the time.  At first you couldn't see anything it took a while to see these guys.  But here they are, and guess what two of them have been mating and laid eggs.  Seriously! We have little baby ones swimming around and today I actually saw two of them mating and I saw the eggs release.  Who would have thought these little guys could do that.  I am in awe! Mostly because I thought we had a bad batch, I didn't know how many there would be, or how they would look like.  And then voila here they are and now laying eggs.  Crazy!



This little guy is ready for his first close up. He must see what goes down in this home.  Camera ready!  This morning Viggo saw me taking pictures of the Sea Monkey and he said "say brownies!"

( Not that I encourage say "cheese"(brownies) pics.  But I have broken down when we have taken family pictures, and they have broken into a "tiff" with each other, because one is breathing on them, or squishing them, and then I am not behind the camera to distract them, so I have yelled out "say brownies out of desperation."  For some reason telling them to say brownies instead of cheese just makes me feel better about it. )


He loves taking care of these guys! He talks to them all the time about how they need to eat so they can get extra big.  He is just such a responsible little boy.  He can be you know a handful at times like all kids are, but he is just so good about cleaning up after himself, and taking care of his Sea Monkeys. I am really glad David thought of this idea for his birthday.  It has been a lot of fun! Who would have thought!





No comments:

Post a Comment