Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Bonkers over 100's



Last week we hit the 100's for like a day or two.  It was HOT.  But luckily this time of year it still cools down in the evening.  My kids were going a little bonkers ( that's putting it nicely).  My friend posted this recipe on her FB and I thought Viggo could totally help me make these.  So Micah, Viggo, and I rushed to the store to buy some watermelon, blueberries, Kiwi, and strawberries.  

These were so easy, and I just wanted to make them partly because I think they are so beautiful.  I love how you can see the frozen fruit through them.  

Viggo loved adding all the fruit to the molds. If I ever need help in the kitchen he is the first to volunteer. He always tells me how he wants to be a good cooker like me.  Isn't he cute (when not throwing a fit.)  To his credit he is so much better, but none the less when it happens its never fun no matter what.  

All the kids loved them! My "oh so healthy" husband thought it lacked sweetness. This from the guy who while we were dating said he does not eat candy, or any junk food (except ice cream.) Yet while spending our first Easter together, his sister Leah points out to me "oh no he does not eat any candy." (All while throwing down and egg filled with starburst Jelly Beans. I love teasing him about it!)  I figure next time I will add some agave syrup to them and see if it will help make them a little more sweet.  Anyways, these are fun to make and even if they aren't sugar popping sweet they are totally refreshing! If it can help me handle my children's mutiny I am sure this will come in handy for your kids too! 

Kinda Crazy that one day my kids may find themselves reading this post, and maybe they will be making these very Popsicle to try and settle their kids down.

 Check out my vein running down my forehead! Clear indication that my morning was as Ariana says "Cray Cray"

No comments:

Post a Comment