Friday, December 28, 2012

All Facing Forward


( The bottom right picture is a picture of what Ariana does every time we drive down hill on the road. She cracks me up.)

After Christmas David switched out Micah's car seat to a non-rear seat.  He was so happy!  So happy that I couldn't get a non blurry picture of him on my phone while he was awake. We had so much fun that day. We have been on cloud nine since we heard back from Medex.  It's the PA program David applied for up in Washington.  The night before Christmas Eve I was making tamales, which by the way I was super proud of.  They were DELICIOUS!! And were spicy just like how my abuelito use to make them.  Anyways I was busy rolling them, when David called me over to the computer.  I didn't want to stop what I was doing but I went anyways.  I looked at the screen and there it was, an email officially inviting David up for an in person interview!! I think that was David's favorite gift this Christmas.  He will be going up in two weeks! Everyone has been soooo supportive!!! David's sister Sara and her hubby Kevin used their airline points to get David a flight up there.  That was such a huge help!! And my family and others in David's family have all either offered to help us in some way or have shared in our excitement. 

Like I said we are beyond excited.  For the interview David will need to wear a suit, and the one he has now is not that nice anymore.  So we decided the day after Christmas to go see if there were any on sale. We found one! I may be biased but I don't know how they will not accept him wearing his new suit.  He looks so handsome!! I love David in a suit.  He wears them so well.  We didn't get a tie.  He is a little superstitious about new ties, and shirts.  In San Diego he got a new tie and shirt for two interviews that he thought he had for sure and for some odd reason didn't work.  So no new tie or shirt for this interview.  This one is too important.  

So all my babies are now happy forward facing car seat kids, and the love of my life and myself are looking forward to what's up ahead. 


These are my tamales.  K I'm going to let my boys in on my secret and I hope they don't hold it against me.  So, I always imagined I would have tons of little girls.  But I now have more boys than girls.  I know that when my kids grow up, they will then have to create their own homes and family traditions. I have tried to be really good, about spending equal time with both sides of the family.  We have always alternated Christmas's every year. I love that we don't even have to discuss it.  And when possible we make sure to spend either Christmas or Thanksgiving with either or. I have heard.....that boys end up spending more time with usually their wife's side of the family.  I have a plan to try ensure that I get to see my kids on the holidays.  I am willing to share them, because I am sure I am going to love my future daughter in laws.  It will be so fun to have some more women in the family.  But, as an insurance policy to make sure my boys come home every once in a while, I have been working on my cooking abilities for the past eight years. All with the goal to have my boys one day miss my cooking.  hehehehehe so if I learn to make the yummiest stuff, how will they not want to come home to where their mom is going to serve them all their favorite foods?  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment