Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My Christmas Babies




(Micah is teething so he was not very happy.  Viggo is trying to feed him to get him to stop crying.  He could not understand how he still wanted to cry after he offered him a piece of cookie.)

I love this time of year. And I feel very lucky to get to share this time with these three.  Trying to get three kids ready on time sometimes seems to make things chaotic.  As David dropped Ariana and I off in front of the school to look for parking, I let her take off to her classroom to meet up with the rest of her class mates.  Something about seeing her run down the hallway with her curls bouncing along in synch with each step she took made me stop and remember to just stop and enjoy the moment. I don't know how many more times I will get to see my little girl wearing a huge red bow, and puffy dress with Dollie like shoes, and loving every minute that her and I share as I get her ready?  Even though we had to stand in the back, with a sleeping three year old in "our" (David's) arms, and even though Micah spit up all over me after my attempt to look like I don't wear gym clothes all day. I was still so happy to be there spit up and all.  They are the greatest gift I could have ever received.  Cheesy but true.






It really does feel like your heart grows just a little bit more during this time of year. 









1 comment: