Thursday, December 20, 2012

Rembering to Let our Light Shine


I was devastated by last weeks news, about the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary school.  I took a little time to refocus.  I turned off the tv, internet, and phone.  And what I found is that there is still a lot of good out in the world. And I hope my kids will grow up with good hearts, and that they will help the good in this world to always shine brighter than the bad.

The Good

-watching my kids play with the nativity
- hearing the kids sing Christmas songs
-Ariana and Viggo talking about how they should send out invitiations for Jesus's Birthday
-watching the neighborhood kids run house to house with no care in the world. 
-knowing that good will always out number the bad.  Look at all the wonderful adults who put their lives on the line for those little angels.
-Christmas lights
-Hot cocoa
-shortbread cookies, with a chocolate kiss
- the smell of bread baking in the oven
-the smile of a friendly stranger  
-sleeping babies
-giggling kids
-beautiful sunsets
-bright stars
-warn embrace from your loved one
-butterfly kisses before bed time
- warm beds
- My hubby calling me nine times in a day, just to say hello.
- sweet prayers from Viggo begging Heavenly Father to allow Christmas day to get here sooner.
 - Watching my sweet 11 month old sleep. 


Watching and hearing my baby sleep somehow just instantly brings me peace.  The thing I wish  most for this Holiday Season is for all those affected by this tragic act, to find a way of healing, and to somehow find peace again in their lives.  During this time of year I find that our Savior's love is greatly magnified during this time of year.  I hope that all those suffering will be able to feel his loving arms around them.  And I wish that all of us can help make this world a better place by letting our light shine.  And helping to melt away this fog of fear that has spread over us. Where there is light there can not be darkness.





No comments:

Post a Comment