Wednesday, October 16, 2013

You are the Crunch Beneath My Feet!




Drove down to Manito Park today to enjoy some lovely fall trees.  I was so excited to have my kids run around and hear the crunch of leaves underneath their feet.  And we got plenty of crunch! 

Have you ever noticed that when you spend time outdoors all these things that you think you need no longer take precedence in your mind.  Things, they can be so fun to have but sometimes I think they just get in the way of us truly enjoying life.  

We put on some fall gear and packed up a couple of snacks and away we went.  Kids can be a lot of work.  But, boy they can truly amplify what really is important in life. These kiddos make me want to go out and live life to the fullest everyday (on certain days they can make me want to hide underneath my bed). I call our outings together as a family "Adventures." Our little adventures bring me so much joy.  Today Micah went down the older kids slide, and you should have seen his eyes! You could see he was so scared and exhilarated all at the same time. The best part was hearing him giggle with joy at the end, and see how proud of himself he was.  Not the best tv show, newest gadget, worlds greatest shopping excursion, or new car smell could have brought me as much joy as that moment did.
















photos via iphone
Viggo asked to take my picture.  Can you believe he took that! 
If you are feeling a little overwhelmed, stressed, bogged down by media telling us what we need and don't need.  Just walk outside.  You won't regret it!

Happy Hump Day Everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment