Thursday, April 11, 2013

Guess Who Turned 4?



My Viggo is officially 4.  I don't know why but this year that he was three I kept thinking he was already four.  I think it's because he looks so tall to me. He has been super excited about his birthday.  He has been asking about it since February.  Then about 11 days ago he went into count down mode.  

Today he was on cloud nine knowing that he was going to get to celebrate it tomorrow.  I didn't have time to make dinner tonight, and I still needed to pick up some things to make his birthday cake tomorrow. (He requested I make him a dinosaur cake. We will see how that turns out.) The point being that we decided to go out to eat.  Normally we don't go out to eat too much with the kids because it never turns out to be as fun and relaxing as you imagine.  Eating with a one year old has it's challenges.  But tonight we went to In-N-Out and Micah fell asleep so we just ate it in our car.  Viggo and Ariana just had so much fun.  And they actually ate ALL their food.  The lady at the drive through asked if we were sure we wanted to eat our food in the car?  I think she looked at our Prius and thought how is that whole family going to eat in that car.  David and I were laughing pretty hard when she asked us twice.  When people look at us getting out of the car with all our kids I imagine they see us as that act in the circus when all the clowns just keep coming and coming out of the car.  The circus music runs through my head every time I see people chuckle.  

Sorry, I always seem to get off topic.  I just was thinking how fun it was to see how excited Viggo was on the Eve of his birthday.





VIGGO

- You love Ice Age you always tell me you are like the silly squirrel who is fighting to hold on to his acorn. You love to be funny and silly.

- You love to build and draw. You could draw pictures for me all day.  You are so creative.

- You can be very tough and stubborn yet you are also so loving and sensitive.  Sometimes I don't know how you can be both but you are.

- You love books.  You love the book "WIDE AWAKE JAKE"

- You love making us laugh.  Today you told us that you were so full that your belly felt like it was dancing.  You have been potty trained since you turned 2, but you are not comfortable with wiping yourself.  You were doing it pretty well for a while then all of a sudden you thought you weren't doing a good enough job so you stopped.  You started doing it again, but Dad asked you why you had stopped?  Your reply, "Dad people change.  Everybody changes dad. That's life."  Evidence that you hang out with your sister all the time.

- You still dislike cutting your hair. You just want it to grow all crazy.

- You have become very attached to me lately.  I love when dad starts to tease me and you always rush to my defense.

- You don't like the dark right now.  You need light to be in every room before you walk in.

- You don't like to cut your nails because you believe that I am cutting off your claws.  You insist that you need them so that you can climb walls.

-You will only wear dad's motorcycle helmet to ride your bike.

- You love to wear to different pairs of socks.  They can not be the same. ( I have to pick and choose my battles.  I decided to let this one go.)

- When you wear your running shoes, you call them your "Messi" (Messi the soccer player) shoes.  And you insist that they make you run really fast.  

-  And you love to imagine things. You are constantly telling me about your dreams, and I love the places you get to visit and explore in that beautiful mind of yours.


 ( His go to pose right now)

This is what I am feeling inside thinking that you are officially 4.  I feel like it was just a little bit ago that the doctor told me I was going to be having my first boy, and I found myself thinking how will I raise a boy? And what I found is that you made my life very busy but you made my life feel full and complete. 

Feliz Cumpleanos Viggo! We love you so much!



1 comment: