Tuesday, April 2, 2013

No Little Blue Boxes for this Girl!



I have the BEST husband in the world.  Many women swoon over a little blue Tiffany's box, but my heart skips a beat when I receive a gold one with a Nikon label.  He surprised me Saturday afternoon with a new filter for my lens, but it was way to big for my lens. And, right then my heart started beating faster.  I thought to myself if this doesn't fit my lens maybe.... no he wouldn't but yes he must have! He must have bought me my new lens!!!" (proceeded with a lot of jumping up and down and thank you's, and just complete awe over joyed facial expressions.)  Okay, so I just took the kids out on Saturday morning to help me explore this shopping plaza that I have been dying to take family pictures at. I took those with my 35mm.  I have been dying to have this lens.  It is my first PRIME lens!!! I am dying to use it.  I wish I could do the kids pictures over again.  But, I don't think they would appreciate that.  The pictures look so much sharper and the color, oh the color! 

(No editing) 

(BW edit with textured background and radial gradient.)

Now I have to play with it more so we can get to know each other.  I feel like my 35mm and I really became one.   I knew what it did and didn't like. Now I have to figure this one's sweet spots.  But I am over joyed and very excited! Thank you David!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment