Thursday, April 4, 2013

I'm Obsessed!



I love my new lens.  I already blogged about it, but I do! I feel like I am now able to use the body of my camera to it's fullest potential.  I am so happy.  I feel a little nutty lately.  It seems like everywhere I look there is a contest to win a new lens, or camera body out there.  I think I have entered every one.  We are moving up to Washington and I dream every night that I am hiking with my kids through big giant oak trees, and that I have a wide angle lens capturing their little beings in the midst of these huge majestic trees.  I have noticed lately that I love trees! They catch my eye every time.  There is just something about a big old tree that takes my breath away.  Did you notice the bokeh my lens created.  I am in LOVE with you! 

- Side note my little handsome Viggo is turning 4 next week!  Can you believe it I have a 4, and soon to be 6 year old, and not to mention a sweet as honey 1 year old.  I want to freeze time.  I feel like life feels so good and complete right now.  Last night we did our family scripture readying and my kids started singing the Easter song they learned in Primary called "Gethsemane". (Ariana told me that the first time she heard that song in primary, she wanted to cry that it was so beautiful.) I think it's my new favorite song.  Viggo was singing Ariana was singing and Micah was just walking back and forth between them with the biggest smile, and David and I sitting together watching our beautiful kids.  I just wanted to cry.  And to top it all off at the end of it my little Viggo takes a couple of bows and says, "thank you thank you." Sometimes I think how can they get any cuter and they do something like that.   I made sure in that moment to take a mental picture.  I wanted to remember the feeling and remember them in that special moment.  My family is not perfect, but there are certain times in this life when I experience a moment with my family and I know that is what perfect would feel like.  Perfect to me is feeling the Savior's love wrapping you up.  And in that moment I felt like my whole home was wrapped up tight like a burrito in his love. (I'm Mexican that's what tight looks like to me.) Nothing beats feeling that warmth in your hearts and your home. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment