Sunday, April 14, 2013

Licensed to Move and Groove




Two weeks ago I went to get my certification to become a Zumba instructor. The class was from 9-6.  I danced and danced and danced.  My feet were killing me by the end of the day.

I walked away having a whole new appreciation for physical fitness instructors.  Dancing is one thing, but dancing and instructing what others need to do is a whole other thing.  I am trying to get down some choreography, and then I am going to start working on getting my brain to learn how to cue while I am dancing at the same time. 

I am supper excited but a little overwhelmed at the same time.  I really want to be so good at this.  I day dream all the time about how Micah and I will go to the gym together.  I will teach my class, and then how he and I will go treat ourselves to a smoothie after. ( Smoothie time totally not the only reason why I want to be an instructor. But not a bad incentive either.) I love fitness, but I la la la love to dance.  I feel so happy, and it makes me feel like I don't have a care in the world when I am shaking what my momma gave me.  I never have to convince myself to get out of bed to go take a zumba class.  I always feel so great after.  Not to mention I feel like it helps widdle down the love handles.  I just want to be able to teach a class where people leave feeling that they got an amazing workout and leave me with a huge grin on their face.  It may be because of the workout but if I were a betting woman I would say people will have plenty of opportunity to laugh at me. I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!! And a big thank you to my neighbor Lisa who supported me in finding out how to get licensed and has been so kind in answering so many of my questions.  She is AMMMMMAZING! You can find her at Anytime Fitness. Seriously take her class she makes you smile the whole time, and then the next day you wake up sore and realize what a great workout you had.

This was me getting ready to go to my first certification class. 

Hopefully one day soon I'll get to post one up of me going to go teach my very own class one day!




2 comments:

  1. you are sooooo cool for being a zumba instructor!! They need more latinas as instructors :) So proud of you. And I want your body...I didn't even get all the weight off for Lucas and now I'm 4 months pregnant again. Before you know it, I'll be 200 lbs and pregnant with my 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really excited!! But nervous too I have no dance experience except knowing how to shake my hips because that's just how my mom taught me to dance. Part of being Latin I guess. By the way congratulations!!! You are so like super woman in my eyes. You are so gorgeous Jackie you are only going to look extra beautiful while preggers. And if you are only planning on reaching 200 by your fourth child you are ahead of the game. I broke 200 with my third :0P. 209 to be exact, I can't believe I just wrote that number down. David always tells me it's good that you are gaining weight that means the baby is going to be a strong cute chubby baby. The chubbier the better he always says. I just wish that rule applied to us after we have a baby lol.

    ReplyDelete