Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cottonwood Derby

I along with several other mothers participate in a playgroup. It is so much fun because everyone takes a turn hosting it. This year my friend Audrey and I teamed up to host our very first playgroup. I don't know about Audrey but I was so nervous. I have been to some pretty awesome playgroups and I didn't want us to be known as the ones that threw a boring one.

We decided to do a derby. The kids got to bring their stick horses and decorate their hats to look like they were going to a day at the horse races. We did an obstacle course (which didn't work out as well as I thought) and a flat out race, and then we had the kids march in "single" file to show of their stick horses. Then for a snack Audrey made popcorn for all the kids. I think it actually went really well and the kids looked so cute!! Thanks Audrey for doing the playgroup with me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment