Thursday, May 6, 2010

Had to have Yellow Shoes!!

So my beautiful sister in law Sara is getting married in July. Its going to be tons of fun seeing family!!! And watching the kids play non stop with their cousins.......but who am I kidding I also always love a good excuse to get all dressed up. So I decided that no matter what I wore I wanted to have yellow shoes. I found this cute black and white dress at TJ MAX, and thought it would look perfect with some yellow shoes and one of those statement necklaces but in yellow. Well the yellow shoes I wanted were from coach but my wallet couldn't say yes lol. So I went to DSW and found these yellow wedged shoes. The only problem was is that they had yellow roses. Normally I love anything with flowers. I think that is my favorite thing. But my dress kinda has a more modern look than a romantic look. So I decided to pull off the roses, then take the roses apart and use that fabric to do my own thing. After I took off the roses my shoes were left with holes. I now really had no choice but to make this work. I decided to do ruffles with fabric instead. I was so happy with how it came out. I am so proud of myself. I never would have thought I could be crafty, but look at what I did!!!! So happy to have yellow shoes for the wedding!!!

So here is a necklace that I want to wear. Like I said flowers always call to me, and I want to wear it sooooo bad, but I am thinking that simple will probably be better.

This is the necklace that makes my heart skip a beat

This isn't the necklace I am planning on buying but I was thinking on something maybe simple like this. Then I can buy one of those cute big flower rings. Like the one's anthropology have on their website. ( See I told you I have a flower thing) Seriously I think in High school I wore flowers in my hair to almost every single dance. I even wore flowers in my hair for my engagement pics. I think I got that from my mom...... she always wore flowers in her hair too when she was young.

No comments:

Post a Comment