Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I just wanted to write a little bit about David's mom and my mom this day. Because without them we wouldn't have met each other and have had our beautiful kids.
My mom has always been there to catch me when I fall. She is the strength of the home. I love her so much. My mom's smile and laugh could always brighten a room. My mom had this uncanny way of always knowing when something was wrong. I have always wanted to look like her, I feel like she is the most beautiful woman world. But most of all I have always wanted to have her unwavering faith. Even when times are bad she has always turned to our heavenly father. I hope that I will be able to do the same when I have to overcome obstacles in my life. I love you mom and am so grateful to have you in my life!!

Then there is David's mom. How I wish I could have met her. Even though we have not met in this life she has impacted my life more than anyone could know. First of all she gave birth to seven beautiful children, one which is my David. Seriously all of David's siblings are so wonderful. I have the best in laws and the most wonderful husband, and I know its because they all received and felt so much love from their mom. David dosen't have a mean bone in his body. He is also a wonderful Dad, who is always wanting and willing to spend every second of the day with us if the responsibilities of life would only allow it. I do not take the love we feel from David for grated, I feel so lucky that he has experienced such unconditional love, because now in his adult life he able to give us unconditional love. So thank you Sue for raising such an amazing man. He has been such a blessing to have in my life. I feel like I am a better mother because of the stories David tells me about you.



So here are some pictures that I thought would be fun to put up for mother's day. It kinda shows my evolution as a mother. First it was just me and David. Then came Arianita, and now we have another little one to add to the picture who is our little Viggo. I asked David how we are going to fit the rest of the children we are planning on having, and he said I guess we are just going to have to squeeze in. Seriously if we end up having the number of kids that we want we are reallllly going to have to squeeze.

So this is how my Mother's Day Weekend went:
1. Got to sleep in Saturday
2. Helped David weed the yard..... he didn't want me to but basically I just wanted to talk to him, and so I just stood around and acted like I was actually helping by holding the weed clippers as a prop. We went swimming with the kids. I love swimming!!! I love feeling weightless and feeling the warm sun on my skin.

4. David took the kids out for the evening while I got to take a long shower, and then read a book that I started in complete peace.
5. Sunday morning woke up to my favorite breakfast!!! French toast with fruit and heavy whipped topping and some hash browns with Chile peppers and onions. Yummy!! And it was real whipped cream not the can stuff or that fat free stuff, the heavy whipping cream that you get to add delicious powder sugar too and whip into what seems to be as light as a cloud!!!

* The hot Chef...... oh lalala

* Want some more just looking at it again!!

6. My little girl who is a sunbeam this year got to go up with the primary during sacrament to sing the mother's a mother's day song!!! This was my favorite part of the weekend. She looked so cute!!!
* This is the face that I get to look at each and everyday!!! I am soooo lucky!!*This bush is full of lady bugs. She loves to catch them

7. Got home had dinner, and laughed and talked the rest of the night with my David
8. Oh and I forgot my present this year was a washer and dryer. I have never been so excited to do a load of laundry!!!!
* Love this washer and dryer!!! Once the load is done being washed, the dryer has already finished drying the previous load!!!!

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Mother's Day card my Kids and David picked out for me. Its a musical card and according to David kids started dancing to the music in Walmart. And this is not a traditional mother's day card, because the mother's day aisle was packed so David went down the birthday aisle instead...... :0)





No comments:

Post a Comment