Thursday, May 27, 2010

Facing My Fears

Went on a beautiful hike through Sycamore Canyon. It was so much fun, except for the hike back where you have a straight incline to get back to your car for about half a mile, with a 22 pound baby on your back. Actually I did not mind that at all, it actually made me feel tough, and I'm all about being tough. Just ask David and my family. I am always trying to prove that I am not a sissy, but some how I can never get anyone to believe that I am tough. Even when I bust out my tough face ( Pouty lips with a scowl ).

We found this amazingly beautiful water hole where you can cliff jump. I am so scared of heights but I did it. I jumped off. David went first and then I went. It was so fun to do that together. It felt like we were young again. Like when you are a teenager and you don't fully think through everything, and plan everything out. You just do it, because it would be fun. The water was so cold, but we decided who cares the thrill will be worth it. And it was!!! Nice to know that with kids and all we can still be fun and exciting.

Best pic I got of me being brave.... tried to stay as low as I could I guess

No comments:

Post a Comment