Saturday, March 19, 2011

Nothing Bad Happend


Lately I feel like I have been trying to redefine myself, or maybe its just finding a place where I am just happy to be me.  I know so lame right?  I just really felt like I was my own obstacle in so many things.  It took me forever to allow myself to go on this venture with photography.   Growing up I never saw myself as someone who could be creative.  So no matter how much my heart ached to take pictures, I would stop myself for fear of I don't know what.  But, guess what I picked up the camera and nothing bad happened. 

The same thing with my hair.  I have felt for so long that to be Latin and beautiful, one had to be skinny yet curvaceous, with long luscious beautiful hair.  I have never seen myself as physically beautiful, but I felt as though my hair helped to deceive people, and allowed them to mistaken me for someone who is some what attractive.  This is going to sound insane but I honestly thought that David found me attractive because my hair.  I have been so afraid to change it for fear that he would finally see me for how I really look.  Because, with short, hair there is a lot of face going on.  There is not much to hide behind.  So, I cut it today.  Its actually above my shoulders.  I haven't had it this short since I was a sophomore in high school.  And guess what nothing bad happened.  I don't love it, but I don't hate it either.  I feel like I am finally getting to a place with myself, where I am happy with myself.  I am starting to not focus on so much the physical and what people think of me.  Its allowing me to do things, that I never imagined I would be able to do.  Its really nice.  I think I like this getting older thing. 

1 comment:

  1. Marissa you hair is so cute! I'm so glad that you are realizing that you hair wasn't the only thing to make you beautiful. You are beautiful in every way marissa! Love ya!~

    ReplyDelete