Thursday, March 3, 2011

DISNEYLAND!!!

I love it when David and I do things spur of the moment.  I feel being a mom, there is a whole lot of routine in my life.  Routine is what keeps me and my family sane.  Having nap times, bed times, creative time, clean up time, play time, reading time, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and laundry etc. the list goes on.  This is what goes on in my home everyday.  I am laughing to myself, because my kids aren't even in school yet.  Which by the way I am so excited for, but at the same time I feel a sense of panic, but that is for another post.  Don't get me wrong I love being a mom, along with my routine like lifestyle, but sometimes its just fun to mix it up.  And that is what we did this weekend.  We took off this weekend.  We didn't plan anything before hand.  We just took off.  We first went to Fallbrook to celebrate Ella and Kevin's birthday.  Which, was a blast!! I love getting to spend time with my nieces and nephews!! Then the next day we went to DISNEYLAND!!
**I am about to go into detail about our day, which to many may seem boring but I do not want to forget, so you may want to proceed to the pics at this point ;)
We have never taken Ariana or Viggo before.  It was our first time! We were waiting for just the right age to take them.  Ariana is four and we knew she was ready, but Viggo is what had us a little worried.  We didn't really want to wait too long, because Ariana is in her princess phase, and in her world all the Disney character are real. I didn't want to miss out on her little face seeing all the characters for the first time.  I am so happy to announce that our first trip to Disneyland went perfect.  Both my kids LOVED it!! Not one tantrum all day.  Viggo even sat through the Aladin show and never even made a fuss.  And Ariana reaction to the princesses did not disappoint. We stopped to have lunch, and we sat down on one of their park benches in Main Street, and all of a sudden we see Ariel, Snow White, and Cinderella and her Fairy God Mother cross the street!! I felt like a little girl again.  I looked at Ariana who had the same face as me, jaw dropped and jumping up and down, and we both looked at David and Viggo and said we have to go!! So we took off!! Ariana did not even have time to remember that she may be shy.  She was running on adrenaline!! She jumped danced her way to Ariel, told her age, and how much she loved her, and she started to stroke Ariel's hair.  Like I said she was high on adrenaline.  It was wonderful.  Then we got to snow white where the adrenaline started to wear off.  All of a sudden she became aware that she may want to act shy.  So she was excited to see snow white, but much more reserved.  And by the time we got to Cinderella, well she preferred to just watch her from a safe distance.  Boy am I glad we stopped to have lunch on that park bench.  I got to see my little girl's genuine unaltered reaction to watching her favorite princesses. 

Then my Viggo was just soooo happy all day.  He loved the carousel!! He was such a good boy!! So patient, in all the lines.  And he loved the Churros.  I was so happy we decided to go.  It was so worth the drive.  Seeing their little faces made that day all worth it.  I don't have many pictures.  I have been practicing my photography a lot lately.  And my kids are always my little models.  They finally protested to having their pictures taken.  I know of all days to protest, they pick the day we went to Disneyland.  But I got a good one of Ariana with Ariel. I love family trips!!

 
( I know they look tired in this pic..... but I still love it!!)
 
 
 

( This is them protesting the picture taking lol )









2 comments:

  1. Ahh! Awesome :) Love your blog Hna! You take beautiful photos! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! I love you pictures Marissa!

    ReplyDelete