Friday, May 6, 2011

Kid Olympics


Last Saturday the primary hosted an activity where they got to do Olympic like events.  It was a supper cute activity. Viggo did not participate, he just hung out with me.  As much as I would have loved to have seen him participate, part of me loves that he just wants to be with me.  I know that time will not last too long.  So, I don't mind that he is as my husband says " a momma's boy." 

Ariana was sooooo cute.  I wish I had pictures when we where at the activity, but I don't even bother to take my camera lately when its just me with the kids.  One reason is that its difficult to take a shot when Viggo is wanting to be in my arms, and second I feel like I get so busy taking shots, that it feels like I missed out on really getting to participate with them.

Ariana played soccer, long jump, obstacle course, and tug of war.  She looked so happy.  But, her favorite part was receiving the medal in the end.  She is so my daughter.  She kept asking me after every event who had won.  I told her that everyone got to win in the end, and that we are just here to have fun.  But, I couldn't help it and added, "but still try and do your best".  Sometimes its so hard to know how to instill the competitive spirit, without making it everything.  I want her to not care and just have fun, but I also don't want to teach her that its not important to try and do your very best.  I guess I will learn as I go along.  At the end when everyone got their medals, Ariana told me " I like that everyone got beautiful treasures, and I am so tired mom because I did really good."  She is the sweetest most caring little girl.  She is always making sure that everyone feels welcomed.  She is outgoing and so social. I don't know where that came from, because I am always rather shy at first.  Don't get me wrong she also has her stubborn side as well, yup that's from me.  And, she is so competitive but mostly with herself.  She is always striving to do better.  I know this seems funny to say, but you can tell a lot about your kids even when they are this young.  Her little spirit is a fighter.  She does not give up.  I love that about her.  I really hope this attribute will carry on with her as she keeps growing older.


David asked me to put Messi's number on Viggo's shirt, and he gave Ariana the number nine, because he said the best strikers always wear nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment