Wednesday, May 25, 2011

How can you not like Avacado?


David and I have a lot in common.  Sometimes it is a little bit scary how much we have become alike.  Sometimes we will be in the car, and see something and we will say the same thing at the same time.  But something I think we will never have in common is avocado.  I love avocado, and he detests it.  It is so sad, because there is nothing like a good avocado dip, or a lovely sandwich with fresh slices of avocado.   I tried to trick him the other day.  I saw Rachel Ray make a delicious burger with a avocado ranch like dressing.  I thought to myself David loves Ranch, maybe he won't even notice the avocado taste, and will ignore the beautiful light green color of the dressing.

Well no luck.  He ate it, but he looked so preoccupied with the dressing every step of the way lol.  It was such a good dressing.  It only had one avocado, with buttermilk, sour cream, and Tabasco sauce.  It was so good.  He even said it tasted good, but couldn't get over the fact that he knew avocado was in it :(  Oh, well I thought it was worth a try.  The meat in the burger was also so good.  Rachel Ray's recipe makes you cook your onions first, and then add yummy fresh thyme to it.  And it was a lot of fun picking all the spices the recipe called for from my garden.  The french fry recipe that it comes with is also sooooo good.  It is called twice backed french fries.  If you love fries you have to try it out. 




No comments:

Post a Comment