Saturday, May 14, 2011

Soccer

David and I registered for a soccer league together.  It has been so fun playing again.  David and I are in a competition to see who can score the most goals in a season.  I don't know what the reward is, other than that we can trash talk on the field to each other.  I know we are such nerds.  Its been fun, but also a little disconcerting.  Things are just not the same, as when I was 15 even 18.  I still run, and work out, but its just not the same. I would like to blame it on the having babies, but I have seen too many women on Oprah now that have had twice as many kids as I have and are like at the top of their game.  So thank you Oprah for taking that excuse away from me.  Could it be because I am getting older?  Crazy!! Oh well back to my competition.  

David played forward in high school, and was amazing.  And to be honest if he were in better running condition this competition would just be silly.  I played outside mid, and I was just average.  I was not the stand out player, but I was fast.  I feel like as I have gotten older I play so much better.  I think its because I am not so paranoid, about not being good.  I am just playing because it is so fun.  I wish I had learned that earlier in life.  So here is hoping I get one in tonight, preferably two so I can get ahead.  David is ahead by one because I missed last weeks game.  This face is deceiving.  So kind and handsome, but underneath he is wanting to sink me in this competition we created.  Not tonight David I am making a comeback.  Get ready!!


Aren't his eyes beautiful, and I love his soft freckles!!! I always wanted freckles as little girl, and braces and glasses.  I know everything people usually don't want.  I would take the opener to soda cans and put it on the front of my teeth and pretend that they were braces. After hearing about how much David hated his braces I am glad I did not have to have any, but I would have loved to have had freckles like him and Nana.  They are just so sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment