Friday, May 13, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day, what can I say it was perfect.  But to tell you the truth my husband is so amazing that him preparing dinner and desert, is not something out of the ordinary.  He may not have the most intricate recipes or presentation skills, but he is more than willing to make dinner once and a while.  He is not what I would consider to be the most romantic. But then again I blame the movie industry for this.  I am realizing that a guy standing outside my bedroom window with a boom box, should not be the standard by which I measure David's romantic abilities lol.  He is so thoughtful and considerate, and it has been so wrong of me to have labeled him as unromantic. He loves me too much to have ever gotten this label from me.  

Sunday I woke up, and he and the kids had got breakfast ready for me.  Which was a sliced grape fruit.  (We have 9am church, there is really no time to make a supper yummy breakfast.)  But he knows I love fruit.  I could eat it all day.  So the grapefruit was perfect.  When we got back from church he made me a yummy fruit salad, and then he prepared a yummy chicken Cesar salad.  On hot days, there is nothing better than eating a salad.  He actually flavored the chicken so well! And then for desert he and the kids got angle cake, and added strawberries with vanilla ice cream.  Every part of the meal was catered for me.  I love that he and the kids know everything that I love.  It makes me feel so special.  I think that's one of the very cool parts of marriage and family.  You are surrounded by so much love, and then on top of that you have people caring enough to remember all the little things about you.   

Ariana and Viggo had drawn pictures for me.  I love that at the age of two Viggo, can just sit there forever doodling on a paper, till it is all filled up. Ariana's drawing has gotten so good.  Her little people look like people.  I love that she draws all of us, with little hearts above our heads.  It melts my heart. I really think that they are going to be artistic just like their dad.  I hope I don't sound like I am one of those people who tries to portray to people that my life is perfect.  Because, it is not.  Having a healthy marriage, family, and a home takes a lot of time and effort, and patience. But this is my mothers day post.  And I can't help but to boast about how lucky I am to have these three in my life.    When I reflect on how much I love being a mom, all the crazy, frustrating times just seem to disappear, and my thoughts and memories can only reflect on the good.  I hope my kids will one day feel the same about me.  Because, I am sure as a mom I am bound to make mistakes, but I hope the good I do will always outweigh the crazy lol.  I love you Viggo, Ariana, and David.  And thank you for making me feel so loved.  Its the best feeling in the world :0)



No comments:

Post a Comment