Friday, February 15, 2013

Day of Lovin!



I use to not care so much for Valentine's Day.  Maybe it's the cheap side of me, but sometimes it felt like whoa we just had Christmas, do we really need another excuse to spend money on things that are really not that necessary.  

Don't get me wrong I love the whole romantic idea of it. What girl doesn't?  But it feels sometimes like it gets lost behind the extra large teddy bears, and huge bouquets of king sized candy bars.  If given one I would not be one to turn one away ( but in case anyone asks I prefer the fruit arrangements! With lots of strawberries!)  Don't worry this isn't a Debby Downer post, I am getting to the good stuff right now.  I know that we need to love everyday, but there is something fun knowing that everyone is going to put in extra effort to show how much you love those closest to you.  

I was really looking forward to it this year.  I was so excited to get to show my hubby and kiddos how much they mean to me.  There were no extravagant gifts or out to fancy dinners, just simple I love you moments.  And I would say that all those simple I'm Lovin you moments made this day feel special to me.  I got up and made sure that my kids got to eat heart shaped pancakes.  I love how excited they get when I do stuff like that.


Later I made red velvet cupcakes.  ( Recipe from Martha Stewart )


 I thought it would be fun to make ombre frosting.  It took me a while, but I finally got it to work!


Even though I said no gifts my husband got me some gorgeous flowers.  I love flowers! My dream is to one day find a field full of them surrounded by mountains and blue skies.  

 
 Isn't he looking so big?

 They melt my heart every time!  ( They also have the unique ability to make me feel like my hair is going to grey by the time I turn 35. )

Uncle Kevin and Auntie Sara sent us flowers.  Along with it came this necklace.  Ariana thinks they got her a real diamond necklace.  ( I think she may like extravagant gifts...)

 He and his Dad were so sick.  But he still wanted to eat a cupcake. His Dad was feeling pretty awful but he loves me so much that he tried to enjoy the steak dinner I made him.  (I didn't know he was feeling that terrible.  I would have made a soup instead.)


This is the gift I made David.  I took some old pics of us and created some Polaroid frames for them.  They go on a string and you can hang them in your room in a frame or over your bed frame.  I just thought it would be a fun way to let David know all the reasons why I love his so much! 


I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day too!





No comments:

Post a Comment