Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Fruit Icing? Yes, please!



If you know me you know I love fruit. Especially berries!! I use to enjoy a slice of cake but I never craved for a slice....until now.  Lately I have been adding fruit to my icings.  I started off with smashing strawberries and adding them into my butter creams, but with strawberries not always being in season I have been experimenting with other berries.  This weekend I made a blueberry butter cream.  I love the color the berries gave to the icing.  It does not have a drop of artificial coloring.  I am not a big fan of fondant. I find it to have no taste.  So I normally always make a butter cream but this weekend I experimented with making a cherry marscarpone frosting.  Let me tell you it was sooooo good!!! I think I will be making it all the time in the future.  It's so much lighter but not as light as a whipped icing.  It's PERFECT! Hopefully this picture will help remind me that I don't need another slice of cake. ( Oh the miles you have to run to burn this baby off )  By the way I have found that I love cake so much more, ever since I used the cake recipes off the Little Red House.  No more cake boxes for this girl.  They are so easy to make, and so moist, fudgy and yummy.








No comments:

Post a Comment