Saturday, February 2, 2013

His Very First Birthday!



Thursday was my baby boy's 1st Birthday!!! Can you believe it?  I can't!! I was really emotional about this one.  There is such an exciting yet sad feeling about celebrating the very first birthday.  You know from here there will never be another first birthday again.  

We did everything that we Ettinger's out here in Tucson do.  We decorated the house with Streamers balloons, and birthday banners.  I made Micah his first homemade birthday cake.  Every year I think maybe I should just buy them one.  Like a really cute one with all the fun kid decorations.  (I am horrible at cute fondant kid cakes)  But for some reason I just can't make myself do it.  I just love baking my kids cakes.  And so far they love them.  So, I think I will keep making them because I am sure one day..... I will get the request to buy them a cake.  So I might as well enjoy this I love homemade birthday cake stage. 

I don't know what got into me that morning, but I packed my Viggo and Micah up in the car, strapped my camera on, grabbed some snacks and balloons and went up the road to take some pictures of my One Year Old Micah.   Oh what an adventure that was. When we first got there I had two coyotes walk right up behind me. Viggo and I ran to Micah to make sure they didn't mistake him for a puppy or some sort of small animal.  My Viggo was a great little assistant at first.  But, then the snacks came out.  I packed snacks for the moment of I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING AND I STILL CAN'T GET THE SHOT MOMENT! Well,Viggo busted out that last resort a little early. Like five minutes into taking pictures early.  If you know us then you know my boys love food.  And when there is food around there is nothing that matters more to them.  So, I ended up with lots of I'm looking at my hands shots because my Micah was too busy eating. At least he was having fun eating snacks with his brother.  I finally got him to look up at me once, all I had to do was pretend to hurt myself as I shouted oweeeee, and pretended to cry.  ( He thinks it's hysterical to see me hurt.) 

We ended the day with opening presents and eating dinner and cake.  My neighbors were nice enough to let their kids come over and share cake with us.  It was a good first birthday!





(This is the picture I took moments before I noticed that two coyotes were walking right behind Viggo and I.)

MICAH 

- You love feeding yourself
-You love water, and taking baths
-You started to walk for food
- You give me wonderful slobbery kisses
- You don't let your brother push you around.  In fact sometimes I find you pushing him around
- You love music.  You bop up and down as soon as you hear a beat
- You have THE best smile! You make everyone melt at the sight of your dimples
- You love food but you are picky.  You don't like to eat the same thing often.  You refuse to eat it if you feel like you have had it too much.
- You love to be held!
- I just realized that you are not doing that high pitch scream you have as often. 
- You love to play with your brother and sister. 
- You adore your dad.  You think he is the greatest.  But you love me even More!! (I know you love us both the same, I just like to tease your dad.)
- You love animals.
- You love to look at yourself in the mirror, and give your reflection a big kiss.
- You already want to draw.  You take a crayon in your hand just like your brother did and you try so very hard to color. 

We are so lucky to have you Micah.  You light up my world.  You, Viggo, and Ariana just bring me so much joy! I am so glad to have you in our home.

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY!

 








No comments:

Post a Comment