Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cravings

Seriously I have never really had cravings like I am having with this baby.  And sometimes I find myself cranky because I can't find a single thing to appease my cravings.  Until today...... I was looking at Lillie's blog ( If you haven't seen it, you must it is so beautiful, it will make you feel happy every time you read it, and while you are there you must look at her photo-blog and website. One word breathtaking.  Lillie)  She posted a post about bread and almond butter that caught my attention, because anything with food quickly catches my attention these days.  And it led me to a blog called The Little Red House.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  So many beautiful pictures, of FOOD!!!! Her deserts, oh and then her soups, and wait her homemade pizza, and then her deserts. I know I said deserts twice, but seriously they look delicious!!  I stayed on her blog forever.  My heart sang with joy.  So tonight I am trying her chocolate cake with STAWBERRY BUTTERCREAM frosting.  Its suppose to be a cake decorated with beautiful pink frosted ruffles.  But I am just going to make it into cupcakes. And I am going to inject the cupcakes with her chocolate buttercream which originally was suppose to be used as the middle layer of the stacked cakes.  I just want to eat them as quickly as possible, and not risk ruining her frosted ruffles idea.  Maybe I am extra hungry because I am still exercising, and normally by now you would only find me in the gym maybe three times a month.  But, I have made the goal to keep going.  So far so good. But maybe not so good, because instead of staying in shape, I find myself more hungry than ever.  Oh boy, but at least now I have this wonderful blog to look at to satisfy my sweet tooth.

Can I just say how much I have found that I enjoy blogging.  I feel like I have become a better mom, and person through reading other people's blogs.  I feel like there are so many gifted and talented people in this world, and they have allowed me into a small part of their lives, and I have gotten to learn so much from them.  I feel like my home with them is better.  So thank you bloggers who have allowed me to peek into your lives, and have helped me to enrich my own.


Here are the cupcakes!!! They were delicious!!!! I know I have a bias for strawberries, but I think this is the best buttercream frosting I have EVER tasted!!! I am for sure going to buy her cook book when it comes out.  Tomorrow night I am going to attempt making my own puff pastry from scratch so I can make a Napolean desert from the master chef cook book, which by the way also involves strawberries.  Maybe I should just create a strawberry blog.  I think I am going to have to start having people over for dinner to make sure I don't eat everything.  What are your favorite food blogs?

.

No comments:

Post a Comment